Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My Christmas Card to You

I managed to wait until November 30th before sending out my Christmas cards this year. It's our first "official" year in our new home. We have a new Christmas tree. The house is decorated with lights (if we can ever get them to stay on). It's just never felt more exciting for it to be nearly Christmas. I just couldn't wait to spread my Christmas cheer! So, to those of you who received a card from me on December 1st, that's why. To those of you who didn't... well, send me your address, and I'd love to send you one next year!

Sending out Christmas cards, hopefully, means we'll be receiving cards of our own. So, in preparation, I decided to come up with a good way to display them. I just love looking at all the ones we get. I found these ideas via Pinterest, and decided I'd try my own version.

I used the same ribbon I used for my snowflake wreath and two more pre-made Christmas bows. I just needed a step-ladder, my glue gun, and my trusty staple gun.


 I measured the length of ribbon I wanted hanging down the center of each of my French doors in our dining room. Then, before cutting, I stood on a step-ladder and stapled the ribbon to the very top of the door (NOT the front). With it hanging the way I wanted, I just decided where I wanted the ribbon to end and cut the ribbon there. Then, I took my pre-made bow and hot glued it to the top of my ribbon, near the top, but not in the way of the door opening and closing.


 I then did the same thing on the other door. However, one of my doors has wood at the top, but the one without the knob is metal all the way. That meant the staple gun wouldn't work on that door. So, since the door is usually stationary, and I didn't need to worry about a hold that would withstand movement, I just used some clear packing tape to tape the ribbon to the very top of the door.

And just before I got started, the girl who lives next door hand-delivered our first Christmas card, so we had one ready to display! I used a scrapbooking glue dot roller on the back of the card to attach the card to the ribbon. Here's the finished product!


 So, this is how we plan to display our Christmas cards this year! Do you have any other ideas?


(P.S. Through the glass you can see our teal Adirondack chairs. We'll talk about them later...)

Happy Holidays!





No comments:

Post a Comment